Sunday 13 April 2014

Clare's wedding dress

I love making wedding dresses, I simply love being a part of someone's big day.

Today I received photo's from Clare, who got married in February. Clare was one of those wonderful effervescent people and I looked forward to seeing her and her Mother for every fitting.

Clare had definite idea's of colour and basic design with the highlight of the decoration being a glorious gold, diamond and pearl brooch that had been in the family for generations.


Design by Chrissie Nicholson-Wild
Clare broke the wedding dress mould, by picking a vibrant green. This is only the second green wedding dress amongst the hundred or so wedding dresses I have designed and made (all totally different and unique I may add) and the colour suited her colouring perfectly. The corset  was to be starburst pleated, which took me a few hours to perfect and finished off with sparkly Swarovski crystal to match her fabulous crystal encrusted shoes. A fabulously full petticoat finished off the effect and must have been fun to whirl around on the dance floor.



Photo by James Heffernan from Funky Pixel


Photo by James Heffernan from Funky Pixel

Photo by James Heffernan from Funky Pixel



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...